Monday, September 12, 2011

Visit with Fern and Roy

While we were waiting for Fern to wake up from her nap Sunday, we drove up to Lake Michigan to walk the dog. We couldn't see very far.

Where we were we could only see the eastern part of the UP.

Here is a photo of us all in front of the rest home. The lady in pink is their daughter, Rene. She came to visit her mother today.

I took this picture of my grandmother's parents from a photo on Aunt Fern's dresser. They are Ory and Emanuel Ramsey.They had five or six kids. I only knew about two sibs of Granny.

Fern isn't doing all that well. She is in a great deal of pain from the broken neck and ribs from her fall. She is glad to see us every day but it is tiring for her. We try to leave and she thinks of something else to tell us. Except yesterday, she told us she was going to bed and would see us tomorrow. Tomorrow is the last time we'll see her because we head out Wednesday morning.
Will write more next time




3 comments:

mendy said...

Oh my goodness, Uncle Roy looks exactly how I remember him!

Paula Ammerman said...

Can you email me the pic of Ory and Emanuel? For some reason it saves as a blank pic. Good to hear that you are having a good time.

Mark said...

Uncle Roy's looking good. I'm sorry that Fern is having problems.