Sunday, October 16, 2011

Memphis




We spent four days in Memphis. It seems that the biggest thing there is Graceland. We spent acouple of hours there and I must say I'm Elvised out. I didn't even take any pictures although you dad did. I can't get over how over the top the mansion is. Of course it's still decorated from the 70's. Graceland is small in comparison to estates now-a-days. But the worst thing was we had to listen to Elvis music being played over loud ( and I do mean loud) speakers all over the property. It was almost like he was a deity now. Our tour guide from the next day met him when she was a girl and I think she is still in LOVE with him. She took us where he used to live ( three places) and showed us where he liked to eat etc. We went to the Peabody Hotel to watch the ducks parade in to the fountain. Now that was cute. It seems that the whole thing started as a joke back in the 30's. After we left there we had lunch at the Arcade. It's a very old resturant. It started in 1919. And guess what? Elvis use to eat there. We also went to St. Jude's and looked around.


The last day we carpooled to the Mud Island Museum down on the river. It was great. We rode a hanging cable car across the river. The museum was well down. I enjoyed it a lot after the school field trip left the building. I took a few pictures that day, but none were very good.


I'm not sending any photos with the blog today. The pictures from the trip blog has the ones I took. So if you want to go there to view and don't remember the address, here it is. http://www.avcgrr2011.blogspot.com/ More later from Vicksburg.


No comments: